High-speed FET Driver
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS (NRND)
This product is not recommended for new designs. For more information, please contact your local sales representative.
The PE29102 is an integrated high-speed driver designed to control the gates of external power devices, such as gallium nitride (GaN) FETs. The outputs of the PE29102 are capable of providing switching transition speeds in the sub-nanosecond range for switching applications up to 40 MHz. The PE29102 is optimized for matched dead time and offers best-in-class propagation delay to improve system bandwidth. High switching speeds result in smaller peripheral components and enable innovative designs for applications such as class D audio and wireless charging.
To showcase the GaN-enabling capabilities of this driver, our team developed evaluation kits with two leading GaN transistor providers—GaN Systems and EPC.
- The GaN Systems GS61004B evaluation board allows the user to evaluate the PE29102 gate driver in a full-bridge configuration. For more information on the GS61004B E-HEMT and the GS61004B-EVBCD evaluation board, please visit GaN Systems’ website.
- The GaN Systems GSWP100W-EVBPA evaluation board is a 100W, 6.78 MHz Class EF2 power amplifier for wireless power transfer. For more information, please visit GaN Systems' website.
- The GaN Systems GSWP300W-EVBPA evaluation board is a 300W, 6.78 MHz Class EF2 power amplifier for wireless power transfer. For more information, please visit GaN Systems' website.
- The EPC9086 is a half-bridge board that uses one PE29102 to drive the 30V, 15A EPC2111 EPC eGaN® half bridge. For more information, please visit EPC's website.
- The EPC9204 is a 30 V, 10 A, eGaN IC Power Module for High Frequency Point-of-Load using the EPC2111 and the PE29102 in a 8 mm x 16 mm x 2mm form factor, for more information please visit EPC’s website.
- High- and low-side FET drivers
- Dead-time control
- Fast propagation delay, 9 ns
- Tri-state enable mode
- Sub-nanosecond rise and fall time
- 2A/4A peak source/sink current
- Package – Flip chip
Max Vin (V)
Rise Time (ns)
Fall Time (ns)
Propagation Delay (ns)
Min Output Pulse Width (ns)
2 x 1.6 mm
PE29102 High-speed GaN FET Driver for Class-D Audio
Products displayed on this site are protected under one or more of the following U.S. Patents.